Friday, May 5, 2023

Alejandro

Stories from Haven : Water Master


"Ms. Scolta exactly where are we going?"  The tall lanky blonde asked.

"You said you wanted to interview some of my friends so that the people could get to know us on a more personal level. Well, Alejandro is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Plus I really want to know what kind of stories you are doing before I let you meet those that you could hurt badly with words."

"Oh, umm this is a cemetery though." She looked rather puzzled at that.

"Yes, it is, you see Alejandro is a spirit or ghost if you prefer." I paused and let that sink in. " I figure it this way, only someone that really believes or has an open mind is going to see him."

She blinked a couple times as those thing's I didn't say sunk in, if she didn't see him, then she could not interview him and I'm guessing she would figure out that I would not introduce her anyone else.

I watched the two of them out of the corner of my eye, the Cameraman and the Reporter. It didn't take long to figure out that he at least saw all the Ghosts and other Elemental's in the Grave Yard. It was a little harder with her, she was looking around, but didn't start or stare.

I had been out a few day's previously and asked Alejandro if he minded giving the interview and told him why. I did not want him hurt in any way, but as he was already dead and wouldn't care two fig's if the reported gave false information about him, he said it was fine with him.  I had one of the Grounds Keepers put some chair's out next to the Tree that held his bones at it's roots.

"Could you give me a little background information on Mr.?" She asked.

"Alejandro, if he has a last name and I presume he does, he has never shared it with me."

"Oh, why do you think that is?" I could see the reporter's curiosity already, but that is what made a reporter a reporter, moral's is what made them good reporters.

"Well it could be many reasons, but I figure he doesn't want his family looked up for whatever reason." she left it at that until we got to where the chairs were set up. She looked around slowly, but I did notice that she paused while gazing right in the direction of two Victorian Era Ladies, so.. she did see.

"When will he get here?"  she asked while looking around again.

"At this very moment Dama," Alejandro said as he walked out from behind the tree.  "So you wish to ask questions, no?"

"Yes, I do. Do you mind if we film this?"

"No, no me importa Dama," Alejandro said I had the feeling that he would answer in Spanish in a way that was very ambiguous if she asked questions he did not wish to answer.

"Who are you? What I mean is, why did you come to Florida in the first place?"  she asked.

"I was a an.. Explorer..um Fui un explorador con Ponce De Leon?" He said.

"Oh, so you were one of the original explorers that came looking for the Fountain of Youth?"

"That is a.. mistake, myth? Excuse?  We were exploring, that is all." Alejandro said.

"How did you die, if you don't mind my asking?" She had a frown on her face.

"The Calusa Indians, I was killed in a battle with them. They were not always happy to see the ships of White Men, with reason.  Many times they were raided, for the Slave Trade others just for what could be taken."

"Do you regret your time as an explorer since you died that way?"

"No, not at all, it was good to explore, to see some of the world." He said, I realized that he was only answering exactly what she asked, but doing so in a way that gave enough information with each question to lead to another.

"You've been around a long time, what do you think of the changes since then?" She asked.

"Somethings are very good, but you must understand I only have a small window into the world. Many less children die each year, this can only be a good thing, on the other side people seem to be less healthy." Alejandro said.

"People live longer now than ever before, but you are saying we are less healthy?" The reporter asked.

"Se'  only the very upper class had health problems from overeating or eating too much meat or sugars. The umm Gota? Gout? now even the lower classes of people are getting these problems." Alejandra explained.

"Ah, I see what you're saying. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, I know it's very personal, but do you not want to move on to Heaven or..." she trailed off as he started shaking his head.

"No, I do not believe in any Gods and to go to any kind of after-life rest one must believe. I know it is not the way Christians believe it happens. I have been here, I have seen the good and the wicked, those who believe and those who do not. The Wicked move from here if they can, or my friends will send them on, forcefully." he said, he was right, I would.

"You see yourself as some kind of Guardian for those who have passed away?" the reporter asked.

"Se` in a way, I can not do much of anything, but I tell my friend, Katriona and she sends those wicked spirits to somewhere else, though I do not know where," he said.

"Ms. Scolta could you tell us where you send those wicked spirits?" the reporter asked me.

"I send them to a small island that is deserted as it often goes underwater. As long as the Iron box does not move off of the Island and it never will, the wicked spirits also will not leave that island and the location is a secret," I laughed, "even to me as it happens."

"The water doesn't harm the ghosts in any way?" she asked. "Iron rusts and corrodes, so over time couldn't they get out?

"No Dama, the bones of the dead are sealed against the el agua salada -  the salt water."  he paused, "Yes Iron does, but the iron is inside another box that will not." 

 "Also as it happens all the bones are put in a small glass box. Understand that even though the island is a prison, we do not wish to torment the dead."  I told her.

"My last question Alejandro, as all my questions were geared for someone who could leave here. How do you help Ms. Scolta if you are stuck here?"

"Who says I can not leave? It is not easy, but I can leave here and I have. To help my friends, mostly I talk to spirits, also demons, and Others that walk in the Dark." he tipped his head, " I also have much information on the history of this state, what is natural, what is not."

"If you wouldn't mind at some point I would love to ask you about the state's history, from your point of view." when Alejandro nodded and smiled, " Thank you very much for your time, Alejandro.  Ms. Scolta, I will have the footage edited and the whole story up in a day or so. Short as this interview is, I think it will mesh very well with an introductory to the Supernatural, which I was also doing."

"Buenas noches Senoras, " Alejandro said as he disappeared into the shadows. I nodded and smiled but didn't say anything, he was no longer there to hear anyway.

"So it was enough for you?" I asked her.

"Yes and will actually work out better than a longer interview. I had planned on this interview being the second in the series with an introduction into the supernatural starting it. That isn't as long as I would like and with Alejandro's interview, I think the two of them are just long enough to make a segment." She explained.




No comments:

Post a Comment