Friday, May 5, 2023

Samson

Stories From Haven - Water Master

"This is a much better view than the Grave Yard, but why the park?" The reporter asked me.

"Because Samson wanted to do the interview here," I told her, then looked around and smiled, I had the fondest memories of playing in the park here.  I turned to the cameraman, "You might want to start filming, out there." I pointed in the general direction I could feel Samson at.

  The cameraman turned it on and hit the record button, muttering about editing useless footage. I knew when Samson would come out, as a cloud passed over Lake Tarpon and the sun came out the other side with a single ray reaching all the way to the water. I snickered, but only in my head.

*"Show off"* I told him.

*"It will make great TV footage,"* was all he replied and it would, he had chosen to look like a Fresian today, black in the same way a dark smokey quartz is. The teenage girl in every woman would fall instantly in love with his 'horse', men would respect the power they could feel pouring off of him.

"Samson is a Kelpie?" the blonde reporter asked.

"Yes, he is," I replied, watching as he reached the sea-wall and jumped to the green grass. As his hooves touched the ground, they became black boots that ended at mid-calf black leather tucked in,  his Bronze/Gold scale mail glinting in the sun. There was something both sexy and deadly about him, grown women would be drooling over their remotes.

   I watched the reporter stand and smooth her dress over her hips, tongue wetting her lips as she took in the way Samson's armor emphasized his muscles.  I wondered what Samson's Mare's would think of having a human reporter as a Sister - friend with benefits? I projected the thought and a picture of the reporter 'riding' him.

*"I've told you that isn't the kind of riding I get into,"* Samson replied back.

*"Yeah, well that ain't the kinda riding she want's to do ON you either,"* I snickered at him. His eyes lit from within and one corner of his mouth quirked up into a smile that just told you he had nasty things on his mind.

*"The Herd Mare would have to approve, but I wouldn't mind her sitting on my lap and bouncing around."* His voice was almost a purr in my head as he reached her and when she held out her hand, he took it in his and brought it to his lips and kissed it, European style.

*"Ewww T.M.I. Brother, T.M.I.!"* I laughed back at him.

"Ms. Caroway, it is a pleasure to meet you," Samson told her.

"Jane, please call me Jane," The blonde said, as she waved a hand at the chairs and sat back down. both took a minute to sit and I backed out of camera range. "Ms. Scolta said that you volunteered for my second interview?"

"Water Master Scolta and yes, I did," Samson replied.

"Could you tell my viewers a little bit about Kelpies, about your people?" The reporter asked Samson nodded.

" We are one of the Greater Water Elementals, our nature is herd-minded. Each herd is led by a Lead Mare, the Matriarch of our clan, she makes all decisions that are not related to the direct safety of the herd. The Herd Stallion makes all decisions concerning safety," Samson answered.

"So the Lead Mare makes the rules, the Herd Stallion enforces them and keeps the Herd safe?" Jane asked, "Are these only your own rules - Herd rules or do you follow Human rules as well?"

"We follow Human Laws in whatever country we are in, when we go out into Society, in our home, however, we follow Herd Law only. Of course, the last time our Lead Mare interacted with Human society, women were basically owned by some male, be he relative or spouse." Samson said, I noticed the trend in his answers, they were leading her to ask about Kelpies as a society, but not about him personally, not yet anyway.

"How do those laws differ?" Jane asked.

"In some ways none, your history will show major areas. We are a Matriarchal society, humans have been a Patriarchal society for many centuries. We just withdraw from human society until it shifts back or as now were women as just as likely to be head of a family - or corporation if she works for it." Samson explained.

"The idea that I 'own' my Mares, would get me flayed alive, from all of them. I may be stronger than any one of my Mares, but not all of them. Let's take a major law that effects human women. Rape is illegal by human law, but depending on the culture the punishment can also include the woman that is raped. So we would withdraw from that culture or move to a one that better-protects women." Samson paused for a second.

" We have no jails or prisons, so the punishment for rape is death. I can see the next question, no a female cannot falsely accuse a male, for she must submit to the Lead Mare who will read or see the act and thus see the male who committed the crime, she will then broadcast that scene to all. It is a Law that will not change no matter what the human law is." Samson stated, "By the way, their has not been a rape committed by one of my kind in over five-thousand years."

"That is a very strong law - if I may ask, what if our government asked you to nullify that law because it is harsh by human standards?" Jane asked.

"Then all our females would withdraw from your society and we would agree to follow your law when interacting with your society," Samson said with a frown. "Only our males would interact with humans and in some cases probably only the Herd Stallion, to get supplies."

"Wouldn't that negate agreeing to follow the law?" Jane asked.

"Yes, but as it only applies TO the Herd and not to those without anyway, I am not sure why your government would want us to change our Law," Samson said.

"Don't get me wrong as a woman, I am in complete agreement with that law, as long as it can be proven one-hundred percent to have happened.  Their are some though that would say the punishment is cruel and unusual." Jane commented.

"Yes, but no male of my kind has raped a female, Kelpie, Human or Other in five-thousand-years. So while the Law and punishment are harsh, they are effective. " Samson seemed a little confused and Jane must have figured that out because with the next question she dropped the subject of Laws.

"Kelpie is a Scottish term I believe, but you appear almost Middle Eastern is there a reason for that?" Jane asked.  Samson smiled and leaned slightly forward.

"Yes, my herd is from Sumer, we ran the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. Because of changing cultures and religious beliefs, the Celt's were the last of the 'Old Continent' peoples that allowed for women to rule and own themselves, so traditionally we use their term for our people. "

"I see, so it is a sign of respect in a way?" Jane asked.

"Yes, in a way," Samson said without elaboration.

"One more question is about all we will have time for. Why did you choose to be Water Master Scolta's Elemental Guardian?" Jane asked.

"The simple answer is, 'my Lead Mare told me to.' To explain - The Lead Mare met Katriona when she was a child. She saw multiple futures and each one that ended well for our people had me serving as Kat's Guardian." Samson's voice was kind, but it brooked no other questions along that line.

"Thank You, Samson," Jane said and then turned to look straight into the camera, "This is Jane Calloway ending another Elemental Interview." She smiled and held it till the cameraman turned off the camera and light. Then stood up.  "Thank you both for the interview!"

"You're very welcome, It was my pleasure," Samson said as he took her hand again and kissed it. He then turned around walked straight off the seawall and without a splash into the water, disappearing under the murky depths of Lake Tarpon.

"If you have no one else in mind for your next interview, our Armorer said he would be more than happy to go next. Now the thing about Armmaund is that he is D'jiin, so you need to know a few things about them. First, the 'Lamp', it's a focal point, not a find it - use it to force wishes.' And about the Wishes themselves, they will be granted, but they will always and I do mean always backfire on the 'wisher'. He's willing to show how he makes the Darasi spider silk under-armor that we all wear - well those of us who are willing to spend the gold for it." I explained to her.

"So there would be by necessity some rules as to what I can and can not say?" Jane asked.

"Yes, but if you come up with a list of questions about D'jiin, I will try and reword them if necessary. Now you can tell people about not wishing, just make that part of the interview when he is not around. About the Under-armor itself, it is fitted naked, so you," I turned and looked at the cameraman, " would have to do some creative editing or use of angles. Either you can supply the model or I can, but Armmaund has to be paid for the armor itself."

"You are wearing this armor?" Jane asked.

"Yes, neck to ankle, wrist to wrist," I told her

"I don't see anything," she said after walking closer and turning my hand this way and that.

"You won't, it merges with the skin," I said.

"Oh, well yes, I'll let you know, I may have another interview set up for next week," Jane said.

"That's fine, just give me a call," I returned. I smiled at them both and turned and walked away, once I was far enough, I just shifted home.










No comments:

Post a Comment